Forever Midnight is proud to announce the release ofthe soundtrack album to ‘Coven’ (pronounced with a long ‘O’ like ‘woven’, not like ‘oven’) – the legendary 1997 short horror film by Mark Borchardt. Patrick Nettesheim’s score is a brooding assortment of dreamlike synths, overdriven guitars, pounding drums and wailing choirs, all run through a charming and creepy home-recorded filter. From the opening, ominous bending bass hits to the final slow-dancing pianos, this thoughtful soundtrack conjures images of dilapidated scarecrows, haunted drive-ins and black-robed fiends – a perfect compliment to Coven’s stark black and white imagery and harrowing themes.
Mark Borchardt’s ‘Coven’ and its trialled completion are well known as the subject of the award-winning 1999 documentary ‘American Movie’, but ‘Coven’ stands on its own as a unique artistic achievement – successful as both a strong, beautiful work from Borchardt’s storied life in film and as a symbol of the triumph of creativity and drive in the shadow of adverse fortune.
• Heavyweight black vinyl LP, pressed by RTI
• Original hand-painted album art
• Deluxe album jackets with occult spot varnish
• Liner notes by Mark Borchardt & Patrick Nettesheim
• Digital download of entire album
• Jumbo 22” x 34” hand-drawn ‘Coven’ poster
• Hand-numbered FM3 certificate
• Digital download of the film ‘Coven’ (first 500 only)
• A page from the ‘Coven’ screenplay (first 500 only)